Skip to main content

Happy Birthday 7XX Roomie~

Yes, I am aware that today is Friday the 13th. However, it happened to be my roommate's birthday and instead of having the so called "Bad Luck" day, we had a relatively good and relaxing day.
Fridays are always busy for the both of us as we have classes from 9 in the morning and for me all the way to 4 whereas my roommate has classes all the way to 6.
The day before, when I went to get my haircut, I also bought a small birthday present for her and cute socks! Which Korea is known for. (and many other cute things) So this morning while she was using the shower I placed her gift on her table. It made me happy to see her get the gift and use it immediately. I don't know I really like giving gifts! That's what makes birthdays fun. Yeah, you gain a year older but... it's the presents that make birthdays fun! That's what it really comes down to it. At least in my opinion.
Anyways, after classes were done, we went out to eat chicken at Yeolbong. Really delicious steam chicken and even had rice at the end. Once you eat all the chicken, potatoes and green vegetables, you mix the rice that has tofu and fish eggs in it and then put seaweed on top with the left over sauce! It is really delicious. I highly suggest you go to Yeolbong! There is another brand called Andong Jjimtakk. The difference is that Andong's steam chicken is more sweeter than Yeolbong. Yeolbong is a lot more spicier. I don't know, I prefer Yeolbong but some poeple prefer Andong. I like my spicy food!
So after the delicious food, we went to take pictures like we always do before stopping by Baskin's Robbins to get her ice-cream cake! yay! Well on the way to get the cake we got distracted by the shopping. All the cute accessories and stationary. We did a little window shopping and actually purchased some as well because how can you deny cute stationary and accessories?
Here's the thing, Yonsei dorms is closer to Ewha Woman's University shopping and food district then Sinchon. When you add the laziness to walk to Sinchon (which is only an extra 10 minute walk), my roommate and I tend to hang out in Ewha area more. Also because it is near a woman's university, the area is a lot cuter and catered for us girls. It's really nice. Sinchon tends to be crowded with many Yonsei students and other universities that are near the area as well. It's good for bars, BBQ, karaoke and the variety of food. Another thing, Sinchon has a lot of couples. Ewha has a lot of girls hanging out and tourists. One other reason why we like Ewha better. Ewha makes us feel less lonely? hahaha.
I went off on a complete tangent didn't I? So we did a little shopping and then got our cake to eat at our dorms. We got back to eat the cake while watching videos. The one thing I like about ice cream cakes here in Korea is that it is literally ice cream shaped in a cake! It doesn't have any cake in it. I am not that very fond of cake so it's very convenient for me. The cake my friend and I got was "Happy Lucky Dragon" It was Banana, Chocolate and Vanilla flavored. So good!

We ate a lot today. Now I am full and tired because the night before I didn't have a good sleep. (mostly due to the wax that was placed in my hair at the salon... gave me a headache all night)
Tomorrow, I don't have much planned. My roommate and I are probably going to do a major room cleaning as we finally have the time to do so. As well we will have to eat Jjajjangmyun sometime too.
Why? Tomorrow is Black Day! Only celebrated in Korea. What is Black Day?
Black day is where all the singles gather around at Chinese restaurants to eat Jjajjangmyun or black bean noodles. The restaurants are going to be full so I think we are going to take it out. It kinda defeats the purpose of black day but... it's just an excuse to eat the delicious goodness of black bean noodles! hahaha. I'm just joking.
Well, today was a good day despite of it being FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH. It was a very good day. Ate well, shopped and now is going to fully rest.
Everyone goodnight.

Oh ya... maybe I'm going to watch some hockey tomorrow morning. (time difference and all that you know.)  Canucks, better win this time! Canucks GO GO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[REVIEW/FAN ACCOUNT] Xia Junsu Solo Concert

This is a review. A very laid back open personal review on the concert... maybe I should actually call it a fan-account... but I am going to be critical about it so... I shall call it a review. A review on Kim Junsu or Xia Junsu's solo concert. Yes. Anyways we arrived at around 2:30 at the venue and there were a lot of people already. Never underestimate Junsu fans. First thing first, we decided to get our fan goods. There was a total of 9 goods that you could buy but to be honest most of them look tacky and the only thing I wanted was a light stick and possibly a slogan because they looked classy. The line up to buy the goods was very long. So they tried to make it shorter by lining up everyone with 4 people per row. The weather was hot and it was a good thing those who were part of the Junsu's fan club started handing out small Junsu fans. I am so glad because although they were small, it helped quite a bit with the heat. Fan goods! The concert didn't start until...

Limbo time

Right now it feels like I have gotten over jet lag I have just become slightly lazy for the past couple of days... Its going to be hard when I have to start my part-time job I have to wake up pretty early. Actually more than that I have to wake up early for my first semester as three times a week I have a class that starts at 8:30 in the morning. Now why I chose that class? It's because it was a requirement course so I kinda had to take that one. Of course they offered other times but it would interfere with another class I wanted to take. Anyways my new roommate are still trying to find a place in Victoria to rent. However we have made some slight progress a we have arrange for viewings at a couple different places already. I hope one of the houses we see next week follows through or nor its going to be hectic until august. Well worst come to worst school doesn't start until September so we have a little over a month left. I may be starting up catering again next week so I ...

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande...