Skip to main content

Cleaning and BBQ!!!

Today was a very average day. Finally cleaned up our dorm room and bathroom. Took out the garbage, did our laundry, did our bed sheets as well. Unlike other days, everything about today was pretty late. Well except for waking up. We got up around 9:30 ish? So not late or not early either. However, we had a late breakfast, a REALLY late lunch because we wanted to finish our laundry before going out and also a late dinner. While waiting for our laundry, I needed to clean my desk. I tend to pile things on my desk. I realized how much stuff I managed to accumulate in the span of one semester and a couple months. It's insane. So I decided to sort through the stuff I had on my desk and realized I could throw out most of it. From the magazines I bought, I basically performed surgery on them and cut out the pictures I liked and wanted and recycled the rest! yes! Through the cleaning today, I realized, I might need to ship a big box of my winter stuff and some of the CDs I managed to accumulate. In which some of them I didn't even buy. I'm wondering if I should give away some of my clothes away as well. Just to lessen my load coming back. Anyways, I have to think about that when it gets closer to me leaving. Next month. I'll think about sending things next month!
I don't want to think about packing! yet!

Once we got everything cleaned and actually got ready and decent to go outside, we went to get some lunch. Initially planning to go downtown but then we got lazy and decided to stay in the area. Not AS lazy as yesterday, we actually walked to Sinchon this time! Ate our lunch at starbucks and chilled at Cafe bene the rest of the time. Outside of Cafe Bene there was this row of beautiful cherry blossoms blooming. So sitting next to the window was really beautiful!
Beautiful Cherry Blossoms!

Thing is, in the morning, made plans to have dinner with my friends from Canada that we would have dinner with them. However, one of my friends started feeling sick so that got cancelled and instead we called out another friend and ate some pork belly BBQ~
It's really awesome because here we get full service and it's really nice because before they start the BBQ we can place our jackets and bags in a plastic bag. The bag is so that our clothes don't smell like BBQ. We got the usual, 3 servings of BBQ, rice and of course a bottle of Soju. ONE BOTTLE! I am very weak in alcohol but after eating out for BBQ a couple times, I realized I am slowly gaining a better tolerance towards alcohol. I knew this would happen in Korea though. hahaha.
Once we finished our meal, suddenly we got an extra serving of soup. We told the poor waiter that we didn't order it. He looked confused and then after a confirmation turned out we got the soup out of service. That's when we started speculating. Why were we speculating?
The BBQ restaurant's owner is the president of WE's entertainment company. Remember WE? yes. Anyways, when we got in, we saw that there was a fancy car in front. Also there was this private VIP area in the back that looked suspicious. My friend also tweeted a picture of the food. (The president is following my friend on twitter). So we started speculating that the food was given to us by the president. However, the reality could be that the manager of the restaurant recognized us and decided to give us service this time.
The restaurant's name is 팔차막창(Palcha Makchang) and it's owned by DJ DOC.

The restaurant is also nice because it has a music dj in which you can request a song you want to hear and the DJ was so nice because he could actually speak a little english. It was really cool.
Afterwards, we decided to have some ice cream. Baskin Robbins has this delicious thing as an ice cream fondue! Yes! It's amazingly delicious! Should get it more often! I wish I took a picture of it but it looked so good that we dived into it immediately and finished it relatively quickly as well.
When we looked at the time it was around 10:45 and my roommate and I thought we should do some karaoke but when it came down to it, it was a little too late.
Today was relatively interesting and productive. Tomorrow, we are planning to chill around a fan signing of CN BLUE. Just to see a glimpse of them. Again, I feel like the morning will be like today that it will be a chill day. YES!

P.S saw a little bit of the Canucks game and disappointed that they lost again.... they better win next time! CANUCKS GO GO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for