Skip to main content

My Birthday weekend

Last week was a relatively chill week. On wednesday I went to Arirang TV's simply kpop again. It was a long day of being an audience for the whole day but it was fun. I got to see Dalmatian, U-Kiss and a variety of other celebrities perform. I did some shopping at the end of the week and also (at the same time) packed some things into boxes to get it ready to be shipped back to Canada. I have one box packed and I am packing a second box. Not looking forward to bringing it to the post office though. sighs.
However, last weekend was my birthday weekend and I had such an amazing time.
On Saturday, I went to MBC's Music Core all the way in Ilsan to watch a comeback stage for a relatively new group that I started to really like. They are called M.I.B which stands for Most Incredible Busters. 3 rappers and a singer and a 4 male group. The swag on them is unbelievable and I was glad I had the chance to go see them for a comeback. They had to record several times for their prerecording. Even if they prerecorded for that days' episode of Music Core, the camera work was not that great. Personally, I like SBS's Inkigayo better because they know the highlight of a choreography or a song or who to film most times. Especially for a prerecorded performance. I was actually expecting a lot in camera work for their performance because they had to stop and start a couple times but when I got back home and watched the final result, it was as if it wasn't a prerecorded performance. Slightly disappointed in Music core... slightly. Well, considering the amount of staff that was present at Music Core, you could tell that the current strike is hitting MBC hard (and personally i support the strike. Considering the amount of strange news allowed to be shown on MBC these days).
Anyways, afterwards we were surprised for a fan meeting with M.I.B and I was super excited. They were right in front of me and they were really beautiful. Despite being big and cool looking men, they were very awkward and shy. Especially one of them since he's japanese and sometimes does not know what's going on when people are talking Korean too fast. During the fan meeting, because they didn't know what to talk about, they turned it into an impromptu fan signing session. I had my slogan signed by all of them and when some of the members were done we had a little bit of time to take pictures with some of the members. I got only a picture with one of the members, Kangnam. (the Japanese guy). I wanted to take a picture with all of them as well but Cream and Sims were still signing things and 5zic was also pretty busy with other pictures as well. They are so different from the image they set and it's kind of hilarious. I am definitely going to go see them more in the future especially with two of my friends becoming official fan staff for MIB. yeah~
On Sunday it was my birthday! My roommate left the sweetest card and presents on my desk and afterwards I had to go straight to the shower to prevent from crying from being touched. It was such a beautiful card, it was the best present of the day. Once we got ready, we headed for SBS Inkigayo to go see M.I.B prerecord again but this time they only did it twice and it was over pretty fast. I got a ticket to G.NA's fan signing and it didn't start until 6:00 so my friends and I just chilled until we got to the fan signing location. When we got there and it was my turn (which was pretty quick because I was number 5) I asked G.NA to write Happy Birthday to me because it's my birthday. She's so sweet and adorable (and she has a really good looking manager as well). I gave her my fan letter and I hope she reads it. I didn't get a chance to tell her that I was from Canada as well but I wrote it on my fan letter.
Afterwards I met more friends at Palja makchang, DJ DOC's restaurant and ate some meat. It was soooo gooood as usual and my friends surprised me with a cake and the manager of the restaurant of course gave us service as usual and the manager was cute when he wished me happy birthday in konglish. By the way, Makchang is pig intestines and don't let the thought that it's pig intestines disgust you. It's actually really good! and chewy... it's so good. I dont' know what I'm going to do when I get back to Canada. We went to karaoke afterwards and didn't go home until midnight.
It was a really good weekend and on twitter, it was the first time I got a birthday mention from celebrities. Yes, WE members tweeted me happy birthday and it was really cute and it made me really really happy. ^^ Although the leader, Macho, tweeted me just now. Awesome! (^0^)b
This week, is time to get serious, actually send stuff to Canada and study for finals that will be happening soon and work on a couple of projects. I can't believe it in almost a month I will be going back to Canada. At the thought of it, I am sad but at the same time I am a little excited because I get to meet friends back home as well but I don't want to leave my friends here as well. Sighs... Meeting new people is awesome but leaving those awesome people is so sad.
Well when the time gets closer, my blog posts will be even more angsty and bittersweet... just to give you a heads up. hahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for