Skip to main content

1 week and 3 days

It's official a week and 3 days until I have to go back to Canada. I already moved out of the dorms and moved into a hostel. The hostel I am staying is relatively close to downtown Seoul and it is relatively convenient to go to places. Especially with the bus.
I just got my grades today and it's relatively high for the amount of work I did. I'm surprised and quite relieved. ^^ With school out of the way and worry, I can explore Seoul a bit more. My friend from last semester has decided to come back to Seoul for the summer but too bad I can't stay here as long as she can. We have decided to go around places together along with my roommate. (Yes my roommate in the dorms has also become my hostel roommate.) Today we are looking around Insadong a little more. Every time I come here, there's always a new thing that we discover because I tend to skim around places and every time I highlight different points. Right now, we are in a cute cafe that have delicious tea and it's very cozy. It's called Namu Coffee & Tea. The music BGM is also really nice.
There are a couple things I plan to do in Seoul that I haven't done yet. I would like to go see Nanta the Cooking Show. They say it's something to watch and the tickets are definitely cheaper here! Especially during the summer where they seem to have a 30% discount at certain locations so I'm going to look into that. I would like to go to another music show again but I think my last one would be Simply Kpop. Since the only kpop artists I really want to see right now are kind of hard to get into with. Especially with comebacks like Super Junior and 2NE1 coming up. Yeah. Maybe I'll try to get into with Younha, if she comes back in time. There hasn't been time for me to do the DMZ tour but I think I'm okay without that right now. 
There have been a couple farewell parties that I had to attend last week. It's quite sad but it was inevitable. Part of me is feeling, I'm ready to go back to Canada when I encounter things that has been annoying me during my stay in Korea and other times I'm like... I don't want to go back. The friendships I have made, the regular hangouts, the food, I have gotten used to life here but at the same time... I do want to go back to Canada as well. Primarily because it would be nice to go back to a country where I don't have to do mental translation in my mind every moment. 
I am having some down time today and one of these days... I might need to start reorganizing my suitcase a bit. I realized I was 7kg over the last time I checked. I think I might have to bring a suitcase as my carryon. I really really really hope I don't have to recheck in at Shanghai. I don't want to have to do that because this time I only have 2 hrs? layover. Plus it's the same airplane carrier this time instead of an operated by carrier. I am really crossing my fingers. My guitar... such a hassle... but at the same time it has helped me quite a bit this year. My flight also leaves pretty early in the morning... glad I still have friends here in Seoul that is okay with waking up early and helping me to the airport... Well I'll try to get rid of more stuff from my suitcase until them. Oh how much I hate packing... T_T but hey, I'm only 7 kg over. That can be easily fixed by putting that on my carry on and some around my guitar case. Packing worries.... I hate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for