Skip to main content

Soon... oh so soon...

Today, I got an email from the Canadian Embassy reminding me that I leave Korea soon and if I were to change my stay, I was to inform them. It was an expected yet unexpected e-mail but at the same time it kind of made me sad. I am leaving for Canada in about a little more than 3 weeks. (Oh just in case you were wondering why the embassy e-mailed me and knew about my time, when I arrived in Korea, I registered with the embassy here just in case something happened.) The things I have to do before I go back are piling up and because of finals and kpop, I have been procrastinating. Not good.
In a way I am excited to go back to Canada, get homemade cooking, have waffles and eggs for breakfast, and everything is in English! Sad thing is, I made all these friends, the convenient public transportation of seoul, the delicious cheap korean food, the kpop, the connections and relationships made here are priceless. However, this always happens whenever I go somewhere. I felt this way before when I was in Japan during my high school exchange.
Right now, I am having some down time from studying and tomorrow I have to do a presentation. Sighs, I need to organize things in my life a bit more and actually focus on getting goals done each day instead of procrastinating and being lazy. Have you had those days?
Except because school is surprisingly easy, but a lot of work, I don't feel like I'm in university but more like I am in high school. I know I will write a more reflective blog post when it gets really close to the time I am leaving but this is a month before blues post that was prompted by the Canadian embassy e-mail. Sighs...
On the bright side, here's a picture from my birthday party. Turns out my roommate arranged for all these people to come. Thank you! *she's also the one behind the camera... as usual... so you can't see her. I think when it gets closer to the time where people start leaving Korea, a group farewell party and picture is needed... yes. Sighs... I hate farewell parties. It's such a paradoxical word isn't it?
Anyways I'll stop procrastinating now and prepare for my presentation tomorrow. ^^/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for