Skip to main content

Officially end of the semester

So here it is...
the end of the semester. Today I just finished my last exam and I am officially free from all school work... until the next semester. We are kicked out of the dorms on thursday so my friend and I are moving into a hostel. The days leading up to the last day of the semester for me consisted of me looking around for souvenirs (which I am still unsuccessful of) and going to more kpop events. In fact I went to another Dalmatian fan signing just recently and went to another episode of Arirang TV's Simply Kpop.
That filming started from 12 in the morning all the way to 10 at night. It was a really long day but it was so worth it because we got to see JJ Project in the morning, and then Dalmation, Dal Shabet, 7942, AJAX and for the very first time I saw Heo Young Saeng's performance and I was very much floored and impressed by him. The second Dalmatian fan signing I went to was in Ilsan and it was absolutely wonderful because they remembered me from Simply Kpop. (Recently I've been sporting the apple hairstyle and it's very childish for Koreans I believe but it makes me recognizable) and they remembered me from the last fan signing I went to with them. Last time one of the members broke my album but this time, one of the members (a different one) spelt my name wrong... and it was even in Korean. T_T. However, this time it was so much better because they were more conversational then the one I went to before. They wrote a little message in it as well.
However, after the Dalmatian fan signing, I had to get down to business because not only did I have to hand in one final paper, I had some final exams that you had to do from home and study for other final exams. Remember what I said about me being worried about my concentration this second semester? Well, it happened again. It's because it's June, I don't really focus that much in June and the weather is hot lately making me lazy. I did as much studying as I could. I really did and I think my exams went well. I hope they did. Crossing my fingers again.
On Monday though, I went out with one of my class and the professor together to eat delicious meat and have some drinks. It was really awesome because I've never really went out with a class together and the professor before. What was interesting was that it was with my American professor who insisted that we did things the Korean way. By Korean way, he paid for the first round of drinks and snacks AFTER we have had a lot to drink at the restaurant we ate at. He's awesome. It was really nice, we ate delicious samgyupsal or pork belly meat and we had some pork neck meat as well and of course marinated pork and pork skin. All on the barbecue. It was absolutely delicious and all that meat for about 12,000. Back in Canada it could cost up to $40! Sighs, what am I going to do when I have to go back to Canada? How will I eat all the delicious pork? Afterwards we went to his friend's bar and the bar was playing hockey re-runs. Turns out it was run by a Canadian and the bar is supposed to be a serious hockey bar. However, they aren't because... I don't know why actually never really asked. My friend and I don't usually go out to drink a lot but this time with my class and the professor it was really awesome because the conversation was a mix between light topics and sociology related Korean society related heavy topics. So it was really nice. Also no one got completely wasted because everyone was drinking at a nice slow pace coupled with meat and pizza. (Oh we had delicious pizza at the bar.) 
Today I finally sent in my two boxes to Canada... by ship. So it'll take 2 months but it was cheaper. I spent less than $100 to send those two boxes. I was really surprised so I'm not really complaining about 2 months. Although I might later on because my CDs will be in there.
Tomorrow's schedule will be of me packing, packing and packing. yes. I have less stuff now but it'll take me forever to pack everything. Sighs... too much garbage on my desk. I think after tomorrow it will be the first time that I will see my desktop. I am not really an organized person.
Now that school is over, I think I have more time to explore Seoul and actually buy more souvenirs (I have been very unsuccessful about that) and go to more k-pop shows. Yay! \(^0^)/
but first I must pack.... T_T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for