Skip to main content

Work work work

So ever since I went came back from Victoria (I was there to look or houses) I have been busy with work! It is a really good thing and it keeps me busy during the summer but at the same time I get really tired at the end of the day.
Let me start with my house searching adventures in Victoria. I wanted a place where it is cheap an close to campus. Yeah it is quite an idealistic approach but hey it's better than having no expectations I guess. However after going to look at places for three days straight, my future roommate and I got a little down from not finding anything and I almost compromised my requirements in order to have something. However, on the last house we looked at, we found something that both of us liked and that my friend liked as well. So that was good. Now all I got to do is to send some paperwork and the place is ours! Yes! I still cant believe we got that place.. All inclusive AND it is furnished AND it is close to campus! Ggah! I am soo happy.
I had to go home that day because I had to start catering the next day. The atmosphere there is always fast fast fast! It reminded me of the days I did drive through window when I worked at Wendy's. It was quite hard to get back into but eventually I sort of got a hang of it because I was basically working there everyday since then. Well minus today. The hours were long and killing but work is work and catering is tough. There is always something that is forgotten. I think that's what makes catering so stressful. It is also a nice work out because you are lifting food and dishes and all the stuff needed to make it happen.
From today however, I start my conversation buddy thing. For the next three weeks. It is fairly hectic but at the same time very very exciting. This week I am working with middle school students and the other two weeks I am working with high school students. I started today and things are still a little awkward so I hope tomorrow, when we actually go to Vancouver instead of this small town, we can actually get the students to be more comfortable around us. Yet it is usually the case that they don't get comfortable with us until they are ready to go home, which is kinda sad.
Anyways I hope tomorrow will be great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for