Skip to main content

Work work work

So ever since I went came back from Victoria (I was there to look or houses) I have been busy with work! It is a really good thing and it keeps me busy during the summer but at the same time I get really tired at the end of the day.
Let me start with my house searching adventures in Victoria. I wanted a place where it is cheap an close to campus. Yeah it is quite an idealistic approach but hey it's better than having no expectations I guess. However after going to look at places for three days straight, my future roommate and I got a little down from not finding anything and I almost compromised my requirements in order to have something. However, on the last house we looked at, we found something that both of us liked and that my friend liked as well. So that was good. Now all I got to do is to send some paperwork and the place is ours! Yes! I still cant believe we got that place.. All inclusive AND it is furnished AND it is close to campus! Ggah! I am soo happy.
I had to go home that day because I had to start catering the next day. The atmosphere there is always fast fast fast! It reminded me of the days I did drive through window when I worked at Wendy's. It was quite hard to get back into but eventually I sort of got a hang of it because I was basically working there everyday since then. Well minus today. The hours were long and killing but work is work and catering is tough. There is always something that is forgotten. I think that's what makes catering so stressful. It is also a nice work out because you are lifting food and dishes and all the stuff needed to make it happen.
From today however, I start my conversation buddy thing. For the next three weeks. It is fairly hectic but at the same time very very exciting. This week I am working with middle school students and the other two weeks I am working with high school students. I started today and things are still a little awkward so I hope tomorrow, when we actually go to Vancouver instead of this small town, we can actually get the students to be more comfortable around us. Yet it is usually the case that they don't get comfortable with us until they are ready to go home, which is kinda sad.
Anyways I hope tomorrow will be great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[REVIEW/FAN ACCOUNT] Xia Junsu Solo Concert

This is a review. A very laid back open personal review on the concert... maybe I should actually call it a fan-account... but I am going to be critical about it so... I shall call it a review. A review on Kim Junsu or Xia Junsu's solo concert. Yes. Anyways we arrived at around 2:30 at the venue and there were a lot of people already. Never underestimate Junsu fans. First thing first, we decided to get our fan goods. There was a total of 9 goods that you could buy but to be honest most of them look tacky and the only thing I wanted was a light stick and possibly a slogan because they looked classy. The line up to buy the goods was very long. So they tried to make it shorter by lining up everyone with 4 people per row. The weather was hot and it was a good thing those who were part of the Junsu's fan club started handing out small Junsu fans. I am so glad because although they were small, it helped quite a bit with the heat. Fan goods! The concert didn't start until...

Limbo time

Right now it feels like I have gotten over jet lag I have just become slightly lazy for the past couple of days... Its going to be hard when I have to start my part-time job I have to wake up pretty early. Actually more than that I have to wake up early for my first semester as three times a week I have a class that starts at 8:30 in the morning. Now why I chose that class? It's because it was a requirement course so I kinda had to take that one. Of course they offered other times but it would interfere with another class I wanted to take. Anyways my new roommate are still trying to find a place in Victoria to rent. However we have made some slight progress a we have arrange for viewings at a couple different places already. I hope one of the houses we see next week follows through or nor its going to be hectic until august. Well worst come to worst school doesn't start until September so we have a little over a month left. I may be starting up catering again next week so I ...

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande...