Skip to main content

FC MEN game in Suwon

Today I went to Suwon, which is located just outside of Seoul, to watch a soccer game. Well, not actually the big long soccer game but more of the Opening Match of the soccer game. The opening match was featuring the FC MEN and a junior soccer team. FC MEN is a celebrity soccer team. It was really fun. Getting to Suwon took us more than an hour and an extra 15-20 minutes on bus to the World Cup Stadium. Last semester I went to the FC MEN opening match in Seoul that was at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. Let me tell you, the Suwon World Cup Stadium feels so much bigger than the Seoul World Cup Stadium! When we arrived there, I definitely had no worries about not getting in.
My friend and I w/ our tickets!
The opening match only started around 2:40 pm and tickets at the ticket booth opened at 2:00 ish? However, when we got there, there were already a line of fans waiting at the ticket booth. It was absolutely insane. Most of the fans that were lining up, were for the celebrities that were going to appear that day. So let me just tell you, never underestimate the willingness of fans to wait for a chance to see their favorite celebrities in Korea. The ticket booths opened relatively early at around 1:30 and we got our tickets and entered around 2:10ish? Around 2:30, they started introducing all the players. The team that FC MEN were playing against was actually a junior team. I don't know, I think a farming team is that what you call it? Like they play in that team when they are young and when they get older, professional teams will scout them in? So, it can be say it was sort of unfair.

Suwon World Cup Stadium
In the first half, I started to think otherwise though. The younger team was doing so much better than FC MEN. The ball was mostly on the offensive for the younger team for most of the first half. Too bad they couldn't really score any but they played really well. As for FC MEN, the defensive and midfield team was playing really well. Whereas the offensive team was mainly bored and did not do much. Cannot blame them THAT much because the ball was mostly with the defensive. But what can you do? The second half of the game was much better because FC MEN actually stepped up their offensive and scored 2 goals. The other team scored a goal as well! Nevertheless, the 2nd half was a lot more fun to watch.
FC MEN
After the game was finished, the FC MEN captain said a few words to the fans and to everyone present and they greeted all the fans on all sides of the stadium before leaving.
Although the weather was hot and I felt my face turning red, I enjoyed the game. However, I can't watch soccer without feeling emotional but with a group of celebrities as players, I could enjoy the game a bit without being THAT much into the game. If you know what I mean? I hope you do.
FC MEN in action!
After the game, instead of taking the subway back... mainly because we didn't know how to get back to the subway station... we took the bus to Gangnam station where we decided to do a little shopping. I bought a vest like thing and a t-shirt for really cheap. It's awesome because most people think that Gangnam station shopping is expensive but it's actually cheap if you look at the right places. I got a $5 shirt and $15 vest that looks like it's $66. (I know b/c I saw the same style of vest in another store for that price). We'll see about the quality though, but I think it's pretty good. I won't really complain because I got it for cheap though. hahaha.
After that we went back to have a small dinner before going back. Once we separated ways, when I wasn't really paying attention to how I was walking down a slope, (because I had slippery flats so attention is always needed on slopes) I slipped and fell. So very un-ladylike at all. Good thing no one saw me fall at all. I have a small scrape on my knee but I am such a klutz. sighs.
Well, tomorrow starts another week of school. I wonder what next week will be like, hopefully I can get into Simply Kpop on Wednesday again! ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for