Skip to main content

Midterms has arrived and left


Every day I walk to school and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to school. Every time I go to school, I pass by this road and not long ago I just had to take a picture of it. The fall in Victoria makes the trees so beautiful. I love the color of the leaves on this tree. There is more behind me and it keeps getting better as I keep walking underneath it. Looking at this view everyday... I never fail to stop and wonder about how beautiful these trees are. I bet during the spring, this is even more prettier.
The trees cheer me up is essentially what I'm trying to say. Coming back from Korea, I have to readjust my way of thinking and even think back in English again. Although that's hard because I am taking a Japanese language class, on top of that, I have a Korean language partner on campus as well. So my head is filled with many different languages... but I guess this is not really a new complaint and YET, why is it this year I'm having a hard time? I guess more than the difficulty of the courses itself, I feel like it's more like the stress that soon I have to graduate and it's like high school all over again. The question arises again: Now what?
Some days I have positive thoughts and other days it gets really negative but that's something that can't be helped I guess. In Japanese, this situation would be しょうがないright?
I finished all my midterms and now I'm preparing for papers and mini tests and exams and more end of semester projects. My head is about to explode with all information and people drama relations. Now that I am back in a society where I understand everything (for the most part, when I get past all the university jargon), there are far more drama that is necessary and I long for simplicity back sometimes.
Today is one of those positive days where I feel like if my life was too simple, it would be boring and I have to take my university life with my chin up and take each day one day at a time. Plan for the present for now and take baby steps towards something that will show up someday? I guess it is highly idealistic but that satisfies me right now.
I should get back to studying... I guess.
Everyone else good luck with the end of the semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande

Now that I am home

I have been back home for 3 days already. It feels more like a week already because this stupid jetlag is not helping me at all. Today is the 11th already. It doesn't feel like it. Today? Yesterday? well on the 10th, I meant to wake up earlier... like 10 in the morning but instead, I woke at around 4 in the evening. Just in time for the dinner gathering my family had with my aunt and uncle that came by from the other side of Canada. It was nice to see them again but the whole time I was kicking myself in my head because I didn't wake up earlier. Now I am suffering from the consequences... It sucks because outside... there is light already.  I should go to bed because there is another family gathering I have to go to at 9:30am and I have an orientation thing that I have to go to with the volunteering thing I am doing this summer at 1pm... and I think I might have to drive for it. But here's the thing... I can't sleep.  Sleep~ please come to me now... at least for