Skip to main content

Seoul Grand Park Zoo

Last weekend I actually did something interesting... at least on Saturday.
We went to Seoul Grand Park, especially to the Zoo. It is located in the southern part of Seoul and the park is really a Grand one. The zoo, as well, was really really big. It was really cheap to get into as well. Only 3000KRW! We couldn't go around the whole zoo because it was a Saturday meaning there were a lot of people! I could walk and be at the zoo all day but with that many people at the same time, I had my limits. Being in Seoul made me realize how much I did not like being squished in between people.
my roommate took the picture! ^^
Statue in front of the Ape Jungle!
It was the 6 of us going to the Zoo this time. So we made our priorities on which animals we wanted to see and went there first. The zoo was humungous and was smartly divided. All similar species were together, or the animals that live together in real life were bunched together. Each section was themed. It was really cool! We went to see the Ape Jungle, Savanna, the water animals, Bear Jungle, and a various others on the way. We also went to see the Baby animal clinic. It was absolutely adorable! Especially the tiger. It was still a baby and yet it was almost as tall as me. Yes. The animal that we stayed at the longest was the seals. Why? They were so fascinating and were absolutely hilarious!
There was one big one that started singing and another one that was so diva-ish, if that's the right terms and the rest were being playful. We really could've been there all day. It was absolutely entertaining!
Seoul Grand park also had an amusement park, Rose Garden, Children's Zoo and many other things. It was very much a place where you take your kids out for a picnic or for them to do something. What I found awesome was at the front of relatively main attraction, whether the zoo, or the amusement park or something else, there were people offering name tags to families. Mainly they would write the child's name and the parent's cellphone number on it. So in case they loose their kid, the name tag is there.
From the subway station to the main attractions' locations is about a 15 -20 minute walk. You can either take a car-train thingy up the mountain or you can take a gondola thing? I've been in Korea for too long when I start to forget my English vocabulary. We decided to take it down as a present to ourselves after walking for the whole day.
Afterwards we decided to hang around Coex because it was nearby before heading to Gangnam for dinner and going back at night. It was a really long day but the weather was very sunny, a little too hot for my preference though.
On Sunday though, I didn't feel well and stayed in bed for most of the day. However I felt slightly better when I went out for dinner with my friends. It was really nice that my roommate and her friend decided to pay for my dinner that day. I am so thankful! I need to save up money to repay them. >0<
This week? I don't really have much planned. So it'll be another week without nothing.
Probably mostly planning my courses for next year when I get back to Canada and do some technical stuff that I've been putting off because I was busy. The problem is the weather is making me constantly sleepy and lazy these days. It's that time of the year again! It really doesn't help when we don't have remotes to our air condition yet! I wouldn't be complaining if they at least gave us a fan or something. We live on the 7th floor with the sun shining right down on us. The air in our room gets really stuffy sometimes. PLEASE GIVE US OUR A/C REMOTES PLEASE. So we've resulted in opening our room door for most of the day... at least until we have to sleep or leave our room.
I really wonder what this week will turn out like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer and Communication

So, I arrived in Seoul after a long 14 hour trip. 14? maybe even 15. The layover in Shanghai was brutal to say the least. Well the flight to Shanghai itself was brutal as well. First, there was no tv like i'm used to on long flight travels. Second, My laptop wasn't fully charged, so I couldn't even use it for long as I was saving it for the layover. Third, Food/service on the plane wasn't that great. I got 2 meals and some sort of sandwich snack. Also, I told you yesterday about gate checking in my guitar? Well, that didn't work out well. At least they let me put it in the overhead compartment besides it being a full flight. However, I sat beside a really nice person who helped me. The flight attendants were not really good at understanding English, so the person beside me helped me ask the flight attendants what to do and etc. So the 12 hr flight to Shanghai was brutal with me fighting to sleep or staring into nothingness, attempt at conversation to the perso

Osaka! Takarazuka! Junsu?

So where do I begin? Last time I told you I was going to update in Japan but I ended up not doing that because on the flight to Japan, I made friends with the person beside me. We somehow connected in conversations during the flight over that, before she had to move on to Shanghai, thought we should chill together a little bit more. (Which reminds me that I need to e-mail her). Anyways, the flight over to Korea eventually was uneventful besides the turbulence in the beginning, well landing in Japan was very turbulent as well. The weather was not great at that time to say the least. Landed safely and I was happy to see that my friends had came to pick me up. Keeping it Korean style, decided to take a picture of my arrival/reunion. We caught up with each other on the way to the friend's place I'm staying at, and it really felt surreal for me to be back in Korea. It was nice and welcoming at the same time it was... yup I'm in Korea... kind of reaction. Since my plane lande